Tuesday, September 14, 2010

"I just wanted to shout it from on top of a mountain."

OK, quick mini-post:

I just...
I got excited.

I just wanted to shout it
from on top of a mountain.

But I didn't have a mountain.
I had a newsroom and a camera Mac and a Blogger account.


-Ron Burgandy
Image courtesy of Virgin Media
I have a new favorite website, courtesy of Dr. Renee Hill's IST 661 class (well, school media-related website, that is): Resources for School Librarians , which has a Reading Room page with links to tons of different genre websites, book reviews, and a fantastic section on reader's advisory (not just for children's and YA books, either). My new favorite site! 


And great for all my fellow School Media people, as well as any other (future or current) librarians who want help finding books for patrons in genres with which they're unfamiliar. Thanks, Linda Bertland, school librarian in Philadelphia, PA for your hard work in creating such a great resource!! Awesome school librarians like you make it even easier to spread great library & information services to kids around the world!
In the words of the great Dr. Steve Brule: "Check it out!"


Image courtesy of A.V. Club



No comments:

Post a Comment