Thursday, October 21, 2010

"that's what children's librarians do"

Children's librarian dresses up as Cinderella after his kids read over 4,000 books this summer


"People keep telling me I’m really brave, but I just think, 'that’s what children’s librarians do.'"


Awesome story from ilovelibraries.org! You rock, Daniel Meyers! You immediately got me wondering what I could dress up as or do that  would make my future students feel motivated enough to read their eye sockets out. I'm not about to shave my head, and it's unfortunate that our society is still homophobic enough that it's bizarre and novel for men to dress like women, but not vice versa. But I totally think that doing something self-deprecating or zany to fuel reading and involvement is absolutely right up my alley.

Any ideas from my fellow school media or children's librarians?

This is fabulous!


1 comment:

  1. Man, that's awesome! I'd be willing to dye my hair a funky color. I wouldn't do this but you could offer to eat something really weird (roach?) and have it shown over the school's television.

    Hmmm... this is really gonna take some brainstorming.

    ReplyDelete